Nature, history and folklore meet in the western Sicily, land of sea, sun and wind, where the evocative ruins follows both wild na...
True Sicily to visit
Nature, history and folklore meet in the western Sicily, land of sea, sun and wind, where the evocative ruins follows both wild nature reserves both vineyards and salt expanses.
Here are what that you cannot miss during this fantastic journey of history, art, unique scents and flavors.
1. The Egadi Islands, a corner of nature that can give you fantastic emotions: choose it for diving, enjoy stunning ocean scenery or enjoy the culinary delights.
2. Trapani, famous for its palaces, haughty and elegant, and its churches. It 'also known as the "city between two seas", since it juts out on a narrow strip of land that gradually narrows toward the end of Ligny Tower.
3. Erice is a small medieval village that dominates the port of Trapani; reach it along one of the most beautiful scenic Sicilian roads and take the opportunity to enjoy a walk in the "slow" pace of its narrow and picturesque streets.
4. At the south of Trapani we can find Marsala, fascinating city both from the historical and naturalistic point of view: reach the famous Saline and the island of Mozia. Do not miss pink surreal landscape and one of his sunsets while sipping one of the many local wines.
5. Mazara del Vallo - historic Sicily Saracen town - worth a visit for the entire historical center and its churches: be surprised by the elegance of the Norman palaces and intricacies of alleys that recall the North African casbah and do not miss its fizzy nightlife!!
6. Salemi, ideal for those who want to combine history and culture to being fascinated by roads and landscapes forgotten by time. Elected among the "Most Beautiful Villages of Italy", it is also called "City of Bread", for the baking tradition, which is also called a museum.
7. San Vito Lo Capo is a must for lovers of the sea ... The Zingaro Nature Reserve, characterized by a wild and unspoiled nature. Fancy a special thrill? The wind conditions provide an opportunity to engage in sports in a setting of rare beauty.
8. The Archaeological Park of Segesta, worth visiting even just to enjoy a breathtaking view of the gulf and the surrounding countryside.